Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 331G swing slop

zlssefi ยท 2020-02-03 10:02

Hey guys, My next offseason project is tightening up the slop in the swing of my 331g bobcat mini excavator. Is there a common problem with these machines that causes slop when you swing the house? I didn't know if there is an adjustment somewhere or if I am looking at replacing a swing gear and motor? Thanks in advance!!

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2020-02-03 10:56

    Good day Z From your description it appears that we are talking backlash, this can be a combination of play in the transmission and the final drive. The vast majority of excavator manufacturers have wear tolerance I would suggest that it would be prudent to measure this first before you replace any components.

  2. #2Bls repair2020-02-03 18:36

    If you raise the boom so bucket is waist high can you push on bucket and move the house

  3. #3John C.2020-02-03 19:05

    Gear backlash in those machines is normal and there is no adjustment for it that I know of. What you should be concerned about is up and down free play in the bearing. I seem to recall the uffex has a video of a description of how to measure that free play.

  4. #4zlssefi2020-02-03 19:36

    I will check on this asap. Im pretty sure i could push on the bucket and the house would rock back and forth.

  5. #5John C.2020-02-03 20:49

    Nothing you can do about that.