Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 Case 420 Skid Steer

PLOW MAN ยท 2025-05-06 04:16

I just purchased the machine, Parked it in my barn, I went out to use it yesterday, and I turn the key, and I dont even have a click of the starter. I replaced the battery, and still nothing... I have power at the key, and all lights lite up on the panel... but no fuel pump power, or power to the starter..

Replies3
  1. #1bad Tom2025-05-06 20:44

    Power starts at the 40 amp breaker, to the main power relay and then to a 25 amp fuse and then to the fuel pump. At the key switch, check for power on pin A 622 wire in the starting position, power then goes to the starting relay. There are several connectors in there that the power goes through.

  2. #2PLOW MAN2025-05-07 03:51

    Thanks Tom, I will check that.. I am waiting on my repair manual with the schematic

  3. #3bad Tom2025-05-07 08:39

    While adding a case drain to my 420 a couple of years ago, I did not hear my fuel pump make any noise. The pump had failed but the machine ran fine. During the winter, I keep the fuel tank full for pushing snow. Check for 12 volts at the pump before making other checks. Do the easy things first.