I'm a relatively newbie to heavy equipment. But I do my best to keep up maintenance and prep on machines I have. I keep this rubber track skidsteer in the garage, so its out of the weather, but its cold in the garage (around 35-40F). I've been keeping a charger on the battery. All looks good for paste several months but I have only driven it once since early Dec of last year. Last week I jumped in, let the ignition beep 10 times and engaged the starter. Zoom, it fired up right away. Today, it would not. I tried several times of 10-15 beeps and then cranking the engine for 10 secs or so. Would not start. Eventually I could hear the battery fading after a couple of repeat attempts. So I hooked up the battery to my truck. And while the starter turned well, it still would not start. So I spent +4 hours on a quad clearing snow. Can anybody help me diagnose what might be going on, is it the skidsteer or me?
If it doesn't fire after the first glow at 40 above don't continue to try it. You will just run the battery down and possibly damage the starter. First check to make sure you have fuel in it and it is getting through the filters to the engine. If so then check the preheat system, glow plugs or whatever may have a relay gone bad.
Figured it out. I forgot to plug in the block heater. Started it today no problem. Thanks. CAT257B2 pushing snow