Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 hitachi 200 need help slowing down thumb

small six ยท 2013-11-01 22:23

Cant fiqure out how to make it slower and not so jerky .Would it be the auxilary pump that needs to be slowed down and wbere do you do that.

Replies4
  1. #1GregD12013-11-01 22:36

    Are you using buttons on the joystick or a foot pedal ? Either way you are activating the pilot circuit, you need to reduce secondary pilot pressure at the spool cap. If secondary pressure at the cap is 500 PSI, I d.on`t remember the exact pressure, reduce the pressure at the cap so the spool doesn`t go to full stroke and dump full flow to the circuit all at once.

  2. #2small six2013-11-01 22:43

    Joystick,where do I find spool cap to adjust this thing ?

  3. #3GregD12013-11-01 23:08

    Please don`t take offense, but by your statement, I`m thinking you may be in over your head. High pressure hydraulic oil is not to be taken lightly. It can and will do a lot of damage in a quick hurry. With that said, the epool caps are located on top and bottom of the main control valve with the small pilot hoses attached. It`s not rocket science but it can do a lot of bodily harm in a hurry. The manual or a parts breakdown will show you their location.

  4. #4small six2013-11-01 23:42

    Thanks Greg ,Im thinking I need a set of hydraulic gauges ,etc to adjust this machine. Your right i dont know much about excavators other than I changed the oils,filters and what not on this machine. I thought it might be something in the computer to adjust or program?