Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 international 4300 wont down shift into 2nd

skytrak 123 ยท 2015-11-29 18:36

I have a 2007 international 4300 with 6 speed manual trans. it wont down shift into second gear. it shifts up through all gears fine and down through all gears except 2nd. im not sure where to start hope someone on here can help thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Steve Frazier2015-11-29 22:08

    What happens when you try? What is the RPM drop when you upshift from 2nd to 3rd?

  2. #2skytrak 1232015-11-30 17:01

    when I try its like there is no spot for second when you try to pull the shifter into second it doesn't go in no grinding or noise it just wont go in it up shifts through second with no problems not sure about the rpm

  3. #3lantraxco2015-11-30 17:27

    Bad synchro, I seem to recall a similar problem with an IH truck I drove several decades ago. Just jammed and wouldn't go in at all.