Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar Based Rat Rod

Steve Frazier ยท 2015-11-28 22:32

I came across a Rat Rod I thought you all would enjoy! https://youtu.be/uBwYYdlhspE

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies10
  1. #1mikebramel2015-11-29 02:37

    Sad video... no burn outs.... I think it would be a champ

  2. #2RonG2015-11-29 03:27

    Every time the scene changed I had to chuckle.Thanks,Ron G

  3. #3kshansen2015-11-29 08:05

    Too modern an engine for me in a "rat rod", would prefer it to have a 3306 or better yet a D330!

  4. #4repowerguy2015-11-29 11:47

    I will have to disagree, the only proper engine would be a d336 v8 that you leave idling all the time so everyone can hear all that gear and cam clatter!

  5. #5kshansen2015-11-29 16:11

    Will agree with that as a good option. If I recall that was the engine in the original 980 Cat loaders. Liked having the boss come through and see that big pile of gear when one was all apart. Don't think he thought we would ever figure out where to put all of them. And it could scare you a bit when turning over by hand the first time as on of the cam lobes went past full open. SNAP!

  6. #6repowerguy2015-11-30 13:56

    The only thing better than the D336 would be a 6v71, but then it would have to be a Terex rat rod!

  7. #7Scrub Puller2015-11-30 15:46

    Yair . . . . repowerguy Nah, go the full enchilada . . . there is a 92 series around somewhere too, maybe in Holland. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXTnqPN3Zds Cheers.

  8. #8gtermini2015-11-30 16:30

    Needs more superchargers. http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp-1109-supercharged-24-cylinder-engine/ Greyson

  9. #9kshansen2015-11-30 19:52

    I know any hot rod of any kind is not the most practical kind of machine. But just keep bolting on more and more blowers just so you can say you did it is way too far off the deep end for my tastes. Why not go a bit further and mount 24 turbos on the thing too?

  10. #10GregsHD2015-12-02 22:09

    Looks like she hooks up pretty good!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gALXy-8GaFg