hyd trouble,first my valve port for lowering my bucket blocked up,ended up geting whole new assy.put on new valve bank,changed hyd filter ,worked ok for a while,then for rising bucket blocked up,i managed to get the spool out cleaned it out,sanded it down a little because of damage replaced it,worked fine for a little while now my steering is gone very hard .found cuttings in my hyd filter .do this sound like a hyd pump problem.where would the steering be blocked,any help or sugestions please.
What do you mean the fitting is blocked? ? With metal fragments? Surely hope not. An orbital steering valve is very sensitive to contamination. I would start disassembling the machine add soon as you can. If they are aluminum shavings I would be looking at the pump. If they are steel I would be looking at one of the cylinders add the barrel is probably gouged on one and the rod is bent. Good luck
If you found pieces of metal in the filter the damage is already done. It sounds like it never got cleaned out after the original disaster, whatever that was. If the pump wasn`t junk before, I`m willing to bet it is now, along with control valves, steering orbital motor and probably scored cylinder barrels.
what do you think happened in the first place,machine has only 2800 hrs on it,i just bought it a couple months ago,first time having this kind of trouble,ill have to strip the whole machine to find the problem and get rid of all contaminets.where do i start to look.the cuttings are steel,stuck to magnet
.....
Herm , Do you have an Extender hoe fitted ? ,Our 2005 4CX had a problem with the extender stopped going in and out ,Went to take the machine home and found the steering gone hard as well . There is a seperate Hydraulic pump for the steering and extender . Well in the 05 model there was anyway .
there is a extender hoe14ft,thats when the trouble started I as putting in sewer ,when I turned around to move could not get bucket to drop.how did you fix problem,how did you clean out hyd system
extender hoe still works fine