Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 John Deere 110TLB fuel tank vacuum, stalls

Madaco · 2024-01-19 18:11

Hi there, I have a 2007 John Deere 110tlb and for the last couple months it has been stalling intermittently. Today it stalled, started up again just fine but then I noticed that the fuel tank (which is basically the whole dash) looked like it was collapsing in on itself (vacuum), I cracked the fuel cap and it breathed in air and regained its shape. I ran it for a while after with the fuel cap slightly loose and it ran totally fine. Does anyone know if this tank has a breather system or does it just vent from the fuel cap? Any other reason why it might be doing this? Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Acecadet2024-01-19 20:13

    It appears that the cap is vented on that particular model. I would try cleaning it very good with some solvent followed by compressed air. If that doesn’t fix it a new aftermarket cap should set you back 25 bucks.

  2. #2Madaco2024-01-19 20:31

    That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the advice, any preferred solvent? I'm assuming because the water drops directly on it from the canopy it might have got in there and brought along some grime with it.