Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 Kobelco SK115SR Arm/Stick Stuck

jdunaway · 2024-06-28 15:30

My excavator arm keeps getting stuck in the fully extended position. I dont know or understand whats causing this but i need help figuring it out so i can fix it ASAP. I have guys waiting on me to fix this issue so they can continue excavating the site. ANY kobelco knowlege on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Tags2024-06-28 18:57

    Welcome to the forum. If you have it, post up the serial number, so people more knowledgeable than me can help. It kind of sounds like the cylinder could be coming apart inside and the gland is getting stuck in the barrel. Can you see it trying to return once it’s out and stuck? Or is it not trying to come back at all?

  2. #2jdunaway2024-06-28 19:09

    I’m not the one operating but I’ve been told sometimes he can just frantically shake all functions and it would release sometimes but this time it seems totally stuck.