I have a 323 that loves throwing emissions codes the serial number is CAT0323FKYEJ00391 and it has 2 active events codes this time, they are e1389-3 and e1309-2 I was hoping yall had some suggestions of what to check. Before I call cat back out. I just replaced the def in the tank and cleaned the def crystal’s off the tip of the the def doser, thank yall for the help and suggestions
Most likely a bad nox sensor, make sure they update the engine software and then evalutes the nox readings according to the instructions in SIS.
A few things I would check if this code is coming back after a functional test clears it: - Dosing system accuracy test. This will tell you if the amount of def being dispensed by the injector is correct. Also look at the spray pattern when the injector is on, should be a nice cone shape. Another thing to look at is how it behaves when the injector is shut off. It should quit spraying instantly. A bad injector will fade out and cause def buildup in the SCR tube. -motorized valves test. This will test the range of the EGR valve and the exhaust back pressure valve. You will have to remove both and physically watch them move during the test. Nice smooth motion is what you’re looking for there. -check for engine burning coolant, likely through the NRS cooler. Coolant contamination on the DOC can cause issues with NOx reduction. Easiest way to spot this is through an engine oil sample analysis report. You’ll see high levels of sodium and potassium. -NOx sensor updates. You can tell if the sensors are original or updated by the way they’re mounted. If the sensor is mounted directly to the machine, they’re original. If they’re mounted to a black plate that’s mounted to the original holes, they’re updated. As stated above, it’s always good to have updated software. Given the age of your machine, any of these things could be causing your issue.
Thank yall for the help, I called cat and they will be out Monday I’ll let yall know What they find once they figure it out, and I’ll make sure they update the software while there hooked up to the machine Thanks
I went ahead and replaced both Knox sensors before cat came out. And when they finally came out they scanned it and tested a few things and said there was no issues with it, so guess the Knox sensors fixed it