Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 Komatsu D61PX-15E0

EEL1983 ยท 2015-03-17 17:26

This afternoon while operating in 80 degree tempuratures the dozer the alarm sounded, would only go into the first two forward gears and it read "CALL E03". Once it was realized that the transmission would not shift into nuetral or reverse we proceeded to shut down the machine. After a quick visual inspection and pulling the dip stick to inspect the oil, oil level and smell of the oil we found no reason for concern. The machine was started back up and everything is functioning properly now. Other forums have mentioned pulling battery cables to reset the computer, but I am curious if this is reason for concern and is there a preventative measure to avoid this in the future? Thank you for any assistance you may be able to offer.

Replies2
  1. #1coalrulz2015-03-17 20:01

    The E01, E02, E03, and E04 codes are general action codes to the operator giving guidance. For example the E01 guidance: Failure or problem on machine. After completing operations contact Dealer. E04: Stop machine immediatley contact Dealer You can look at the individual code causing the the E0 code by using the switch and rotating towards the diamond. Then use the other switch and rotate to the symbals to cycle through the operators menu until you see the Fault Cde Display Mode. After the display mode is shown cycle the switch towards the diamond again to enter.

  2. #2Dickjr.2015-03-18 12:31

    I had a similar thing happen on a D39EX21A , EO1 flashed for about 1 minute then went out and has not come on since. I called the field tech for our local dealer , he basically said run it. I have a question on the subject , do these machines need to be calibrated every so often similar to the D5G or Deere tractors? Biggest problem I have now is the blade control has some play in it.