I have a 2007 KW T800 truck with a CAT C-15. My engine needs to be replaced. I am thinking about getting a new engine. What kind of engine should I get? Does C-15 have any problems? or should I stick with the same kind of engine? Please help me. Thank you.
I have changed engine types before, and it always is a PITB and costly. if I have to replace one of my engines, I would use the same type and style engine. Check with your local salavage yards, for a good used engine. Try to get a engine that came out of a KW, so you dont have to change so many brackets Replace the clutch, if you dont know its condition
Thank you for your advise. Do you know anything about the perticuler engine? I was woundering if I get the same engine, I would have the same problem again.
What kind of problems are you having with the engine? The C-15s did have recalls on them to fix design problems, but, I think that's about as bad as it got, anything you get now, especially new or reman should have any of the updates taken care of and ready to go. We have 5 trucks with the 15's in them and they have IMO been badly mistreated because probably 95% of our drivers have no clue about trucks or their engines and the only major problems we've had is blown lines and one that popped it's head gasket. I'd drop another 15 in there in a heartbeat if it was my truck.
Thank you so much for your comment. The problem I had was that it started to loose oil pressure and kept repairing. Then finally went down...
If you can, find a C15 built before 2007 or one built after 2009. The 2008 and 2009's seemed to have allot more problems than the other engines.
We had a lot of problems with all of the twin turbo C15's with the 2009 being the worst. If you could get a cab harness and a 6NZ single turbo C15 that is what I would go with. Might turn out to be more work than its worth though.