Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Central Tire Inflation parts. Where to find?

02Dmax ยท 2012-09-17 21:04

I'm putting a central tire inflation control system (ability to inflate and deflate my tires from the cab) on my service truck and I'm having a very hard time finding one key part. I'm looking for the "swivel" or rotating fitting that attaches to the end of the hub on my drive axle where my two lines coming from my tires "tee" into the supply line coming from the truck. All parts guys I've talked to look at me like I'm from mars when I ask them about this part. Anybody know where I can get this piece?

Replies2
  1. #1ramheadjim2012-09-17 21:37

    I have alot of time spent on CTIS systems in the military and have not saw a system that was worth a crap yet. What brand system are you gonna use, i might be able to find some suppliers for you

  2. #202Dmax2012-09-18 07:29

    I'm just making my own. I've got a regulator with pressure gauge and dump valve in the cab. Eaton makes one but its overkill in my opinion. Its got a computer screen to operate it and sensors and valves everywhere. Looks like it over-complicates a simple idea.