Hi Is there a member that can assist with information or diagrams of how to replace the spring. I have taken off all kicker panels etc . Found broken spring, but i cannot see how to get behind aluminum plate beside steering column to install new spring. Thanks
It's a pain-easiest way is hook the bottom of spring into steering column housing first, working from the top down with dash panel open. Use a piece of wire looped around spring top hook, lift up stretching spring over top linkage hiem joint. Been a few years since I replaced one, IIRC that's how I've replaced them. Trying to pull the spring down to hook in column body doesn't work well.
Hi Thanks for info. Is there a way that I can see the top linkage or a diagram or picture to help guide me
You have work from the top down, if you tip the dash panel back and clear the electrical away you can see down past the clutch pedal cross shaft to the linkage. It's hard to see, it wasn't one of KW's better designs.
Hi Thanks. I will try again tomorrow to get spring in place.
Another way is make a bracket, attach it to the frame behind the bell crank for linkage to clutch arm at transmission and attach spring to bell crank-that's a common way and completes the same mission.
Thanks for the 2nd option I will look at that also for future consideration