Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 volvo L35b pro electrical issues

polarisbryan ยท 2019-06-06 01:04

recently developed a headache with this machine, so far i have replaced the circut board with upgraded one with aluminum housing,new batt , new alternator my issue is it will not go into gear on its own by the shifter (forward or reverse) i ran a jumper wire between two plug ins on circut board and have movment now but only in high gear (2 speed) need low gear working....anyone have any insight? also the quick attach hydro system isnot working... float control stopped working....

Replies6
  1. #1polarisbryan2019-06-06 13:42

    update: float controlnow works lol but quick attact not working.... still no low gear either... damn electrical woes

  2. #2funwithfuel2019-06-09 10:02

    Are you getting power down to the A/B valve at the coupler? When you switch are you pulling the second joystick to give hydraulic power to the cylinder?

  3. #3polarisbryan2019-06-09 21:02

    had to run another jumper wire 12v+ supply to plug on ecu board , all works now except low gear....idk been in rain all day today trying to get this turd moving super frustrated at this point.

  4. #4funwithfuel2019-06-09 21:52

    Trying to get it moving, or getting low gear?

  5. #5polarisbryan2019-06-17 12:57

    low gear, i ran a 12v+ to a toggle switch and fuse to the solinoid on drop case , it now has low and high ...got it out of the field finally...

  6. #6cherokee1012025-01-15 20:55

    I am not getting younger. Though I don't have money to blow I have been thinking of upgrading mu old equipment. Specifically my Schaeff SKL 831 loader with the mighty Perkins Parma engine and my uber reliable Komatsu PC-40 that has done things no small excavator should do. I am leery though because of all the electronics on the newer machines. Electronic and electrical troubles that can render a solid machine into a boat anchor. I doubt seriously they would last even as long as I do without serious problems. My machines stay in the barn when not in use and the cats protect them from vermin and still I chase gremlins on things like the JCB 7 contact points safety interlock for starting. I am looking at Case 331F and a 57 or 80 size hoe. Also considering the equivalent in Bobcat, JCB, Volvo, New Holland and Wacker. Experiences are as I expect, chasing lots of gremlins in the electrical / electronics system. I have a friend that buys new equipment regularly to prevent repairs and downtime. His tactic seems to be working less and costing more since he can't fix a thing himself. What happens to this new fangled equipment with lots of junk on it you mostly don't ever use or the engines that now more closely resemble a Formula I or Prat and Whitney F100 engine in complexity when it is not fixable way before the time the iron wears out? I may just keep my old stuff and argue with it until one of us dies.