2008 310j back hoe. Where are the y4 and y5 solenoids located?
Welcome to HEF Gravypig ! Y4 and Y5 are the bottom 2 solenoids furthest to the right side of the machine. Y4 is the inner of the 2 and Y5 the outer most one.
Welcome to HEF, Gravypig ! Fascinating username you have
I got 80 to 100 ohms on y4 and 12.5 on y5. I’m assuming that’s my problem. Any idea what the part number for y4 is?
Transmission solenoids spec is approx 10.5 ohms. @mg2361 will likely be able to shed some light re: the DTAC solution#77159 referenced on the parts page screenshot below.
Solution 77159 is an old solution referencing solenoid identification based on total length of the solenoid (there are 3 sizes) on the parts page. When the parts manual for this model was first set up, they just had part numbers, no reference to Y1, Y2, Y3, etc.. Now when you look at the image above, you see a reference to Y4, 2nd speed.
So I replaced y4 solenoid and the codes went away but still no second gear. I have a feeling this is going to be expensive.
Is there voltage getting to that solenoid? Solenoid have a good ground?
So I ran the self diagnostic test for the transmission solenoids and everything past. All other fwd or reverse gears work just fine besides second gear. When in second gear it will some times rolling on its own but acts like it’s just slipping.
Any body have a wiring diagram for the transmission. Mainly where the power source comes from for the y4 solenoid
From the Flex Load Controller. I think a pressure check of the 2nd speed clutch would be in order. Check your messages.
Where is the FLC located at on that machine?
The FLC is under the monitor/switch panel. It is marked with # AT334166 .