Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310sk

Jhernandez940 · 2024-09-09 19:13

I’m having problems with the service brakes on my 310sk. The parking brake button seems to be working but the service brakes seem to be constantly grabbing. I have to push on the accelerator peda to get the wheels to move. It’s as if the brakes are applied l. Need some ideas as to where to look

Replies23
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-09-09 22:02

    With the rear wheels in the air, are you able to turn them by hand ? Is the rear axle oil level correct ?

  2. #2Jhernandez9402024-09-09 22:10

    Not able to turn by hand. Have to hit the acc pedal to move any. Rear axle level is full

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-09-09 22:53

    Brake lights on ?

  4. #4Jhernandez9402024-09-09 23:07

    yea the brake lights are on.

  5. #5Diesel Dave2024-09-09 23:17

    Sounds like an issue with the brake valve or sticking brake pedals. Do the brake pedals return to their normal at rest position? Try lifting up on the pedals.

  6. #6Jhernandez9402024-09-09 23:26

    Looks like the light came off But the rear axle wheels still won’t move

  7. #7Diesel Dave2024-09-09 23:30

    Loosen the brake bleeder screws on both rear axles to temporarily relieve any possible residual service brake pressure. See if the rear wheels are able to turn.

  8. #8Jhernandez9402024-09-10 08:22

    Ok I will when I get home later

  9. #9Jhernandez9402024-09-10 18:43

    There’s no fluid coming out of either left or right Brake lines with the backhoe on or off. I also noticed when I revés the engine up the driveshaft spins faster but the wheel still turns really slow

  10. #10Diesel Dave2024-09-10 20:28

    Based on your statement above ,there doesn’t appear to be any service brake valve issues. Perform the brake drag / park brake check, see screenshot below, post your findings. .

  11. #11mg23612024-09-11 04:54

    When brake pedals are NOT applied, there should always be a steady trickle of oil coming out of the brake lines, or the bleeders, indicating a path back to the brake reservoir so the brakes can release.

  12. #12Jhernandez9402024-09-11 08:56

    What could be causing the oil not to come out brake lines?

  13. #13Jhernandez9402024-09-11 08:56

    I manually released parking brake with bolts and its still not turning fast

  14. #14mg23612024-09-11 12:08

    1. Brake pedals stuck partially applied. 2. Brake valve adjustment. Did you perform Dave's test?

  15. #15Jhernandez9402024-09-18 16:55

    I can’t move the backhoe. Something causing the differential from moving if I don’t press the accelerator. I bought a hydraulic test kit. None of the lines from the transmission to brake valve are getting any pressure

  16. #16mg23612024-09-19 05:35

    Whether there is pressure "TO" the brake valve or not, that won't cause your issue of not moving. With that being said, no oil pressure is probably due to a plugged orifice. That would be the orificed tee fitting coming out of the back of the transmission that supplies the brake valve with pressure. Or, it could be caused by a lack of transmission pressure. Since you have no pressure to the brake valve, has the transmission pressure been checked? Park brake pressure? Transmission oil level good (checked with the engine idling)? I answered that one in post #15 and still question as to why there is no flow with the pedals in the "unapplied" position. Unless the brake valve reservoir is empty (which is unlikely).

  17. #17Jhernandez9402024-09-19 10:47

    Parking brake pressure is at 250psi. I’m going to take off the tee your talking about today. What psi should the brake valve be getting. It has 5 hoses going to iWhich one is the supply and return. Also where is the transmission pressure checked at

  18. #18mg23612024-09-19 12:10

    Does the PB pressure drop in any gear?

  19. #19Jhernandez9402024-09-19 12:23

    I found debris in the t and took pressure there it’s also 250psi. Let me check on that

  20. #20Jhernandez9402024-09-19 12:30

    It’s an automatic

  21. #21Jhernandez9402024-09-21 11:57

    I have a question. Could you explain how the brakes work once the fluid entered the rear axle, I still haven’t been able to put everything back together been busy w work

  22. #22mg23612024-09-23 05:26

    Check your messages.

  23. #23Jhernandez9402024-09-26 10:16

    Thank u very much for your help