Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2008 Cat 297C – how can I lock on auxiliary flow for mowing/trenching?

Dadnatron · 2026-06-23 20:46

2008 Cat 297C MTL 2 buttons left stick trigger left stick thumb roller right stick trigger right stick I see a decal which appears to show the Left bottom button responsible for continuous flow (at least it has the same symbol as other newer models) but there is NO toggle. When I click the bottom button, nothing happens. I get no symbol on the screen and it doesn’t ‘work’. I definitely could be doing it wrong, hence I’m here asking. It’s an old, new to me, machine… so it could also simply be broken. But I don’t know the correct sequence, hold times, etc to make it work, so I don’t want to assume it’s broken until I know. Does anyone know how to make the continuous flow lock on? Holding the thumb wheel works, but man… that is a hassle.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2026-06-24 05:13

    See the instructions below. If the machine is new to you then it may be an idea to get hold of an Operation & Maintenance Manual if the copy that should be in the pocket behind the seat has disappeared. It will contain a load of useful information. Search for Cat Publication reference SEBU8020. Here's one on eBay .

  2. #2Dadnatron2026-06-24 13:05

    Figured it out. Thanks for the help. 1. Wheel for speed 2. Click left bottom button while wheel at speed. 3. Immediately release both wheel and button.

  3. #3Nige2026-06-24 13:10

    So in a nutshell you followed the instructions above……

  4. #4smifwal2026-06-24 21:21

    So glad they put a rocker switch on the newer ones

  5. #5Nige2026-06-26 06:56

    2-button setup still remains available as an alternative. All depends what the original purchaser specified.