Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2008 Cat 297C. How to slide out the track frame.

Andybull · 2025-06-28 12:56

I need to slide out the complete track and components, in order to get to the hydraulic hoses that move the skid steer. The youtube video that I saw, is not the same as the one on my machine. Can someone talk me through as to how I can slide it out? The one I have circled I can do, the one I don’t know how to is the one I marked square. thanks,

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2025-06-28 13:14

    Here is the Service Manual procedure. An alternative to all the lifting gear is to put the machine on a flat concrete surface before jacking/blocking it up and then use a pallet truck underneath the track to take the weight of the undercarriage to aid you in sliding it away from the machine chassis.

  2. #2Andybull2025-06-28 13:34

    Thanks!