Stage 3 alarm came on Won’t move no hydraulic pressure at all. Active codes are for undetected right and left drive motor. Parking break light goes out and still no pressure at the polits. 5200 hours are on the machine. Machine stopped dead in tracks. It is a 2008 cat d3k lgp
While it was moving.? Do the blade hydraulics still work.? For more accurate technical info please post a Serial Number and a list of the Diagnostic Codes you have.
My dad was running it and he said it just stopped and the light started flashing and beeping at him. In the picture it has serial number and the codes that were on the dash. And no the only thing it will do is start up
FYI, C4E01178 is the engine Serial Number. The tractor S/N is LLL00179. The reason I asked about the blade hydraulics is that the implement pump is mounted on the engine timing cover and not the back of the engine under the floorplates like the hydrostatic pumps for the tracks. So if the engine runs the blade controls ought to work and the blade should respond. Stupid question but has the oil level in the hydraulic tank been checked.? It's one tank for both systems. Your Diagnostic & Event Codes 2685-08 - Left track speed sensor data erratic, intermittent, or incorrect. 2113-03 - Operator presence switch. Incorrect inputs. E179-2 - Alternator Not charging. E570-2 - Unexpected Right Motor Forward Speed Detected E571-2 - Unexpected Right Motor Reverse Speed Detected E876-3 - Very High System Voltage. Immediate safe shutdown required. I'd suggest to start with the diagnostics for the first two Codes. I've attached them below. I think that the operator presence switch signal to the ECM is required before the implement hydraulics will work, so that could explain the lack of blade functions.
Yes I’ve check the hydraulic fluid and it’s still reads full on the marker. But all 8 drive motor speed sensors are active forgot to put that on the piece of paper. I’ve got no pressure at any of the ports. No pressure on the one under the floor or the ones back by the battery
See my post above. i would suggest to try the Troubleshooting procedure for the operator presence switch (2113-03) before going any further.
Alright I’ll check that out. I gotta go to cat tomorrow morning and pick parts up for one of my excavators. Is there any thing you would recommend picking up while I’m there
Most of the codes you are getting are almost certainly not faults themselves but symptoms. What you have is almost certainly a wiring issue, finding the fault is what is the problem In addition to what Nige has said... 1) has there any work been done recently that would result in a connector not getting plugged in fully and securely and said connector has come loose? 2) check all your fuses. Go key on engine off and take a meter and put one probe on a known good ground and the other probe across each point. You should have battery voltage at each point on the back of the fuse. Along the same lines check the fuse box for corrosion and check where battery cables attach to power junction terminals. If this is an open cab machine the fuse panel is only behind a plastic panel. 3) check main power relays. If the ECMs aren’t getting full battery voltage they get wonky.
100% agree with the above. The only thing I can see stopping everything is the operator presence switch. I know from experience that even taking your weight slightly off the seat (sufficent to operate the switch) is enough to neutralize the transmission and apply the park brake in a heartbeat. It's the only thing I can see off the top of my head that would stop both the hydrostat and the implement hydraulic system. You could pick up a replacement seat switch if they have one. Part Number 216-0814, price about $13. TBH though I'm with JD955 that the root cause is probably a wiring fault.
I’m going to add check your batteries and charging system also. If you have had an alternator regulator failure it’s gonna feed high voltage to your ECMs and freak them out.
Someone here has mentioned various times that voltage (alternator?) issues sent the electrics on a small K-Series tractor on the fritz. Was it CM1995 I wonder.?
I test both the battery and the alternator and the numbers were 14 Volts while it was running it have to reach them both to tell you exact number but it seem right around the ball park it should be. If the seat sensor was bad wouldn’t it show on the dash. Because when I’m not sitting down it shows that and then once I sit down the light goes off
I had a similar issue on a 700j, stopped dead in tracks out of nowhere and gauges were acting wonky. It ended up being the alternator
I don't see an answer yet to Niges's question about the blade hydraulics? If you have zero pressure anywhere in the hydrostatic system and all motor sensors are showing active event codes, my money is on a failed pump drive coupling.
I took that to mean that the blade hydraulics didn't work either. Hence my thoughts about the operator presence switch being the one thing that will shut down both the power train and the implement system, because the implement pump is driven off the front gear train of the engine. not from the coupling at the back. With Events present on the monitor system for both low and excessively high voltage that may be a good thing to check.
It ended up being the hub feel off the piston pump. Just finished it up tonight and she runs like a top. The coupling has been replace but the hub was never tight. So over time it wiggled off