Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2008 TL230 fuel shutoff solenoid location

Z'mnypit · 2020-10-16 21:15

Can anyone tell me where the fuel shutoff solenoid is on a 2008 TL230? I looked until dark all over the injector pump and see no 3 wire solenoid. I do the a magnetic sensor with a black and white wire. Was that it?

Replies8
  1. #1thepumpguysc2020-10-17 08:57

    If u have a mechanical injection pump that sits in its own little slot, the s/o solenoid should b screwed into the pump base, usually on the left side.. looks like a small Red Bull can. Although u don’t give us much to go on.. what engine.. what fuel system.??

  2. #2skata2020-10-17 14:46

    Not sure about your machine, but on a tl140 you have to remove belly pan to see the solenoid.

  3. #3Z'mnypit2020-10-18 18:18

    It's a 2008 Takeuchi TL230 with yanmar 4TNV8 engine. All oem fuel system. Just got in it one morning and it wouldn't start but ran fine the day before. It will eventually start after spinning over for a few seconds but lope very badly and the throttle is unresponsive as it doesn't change the rpm even when full throttle. Bled the injection pump, injectors and still lopes. Any suggestions?

  4. #4Kregsr19792021-11-28 14:18

    I have the same issue and I've been trying to figure it out did you ever fix this and what was the fix please been down for a month now

  5. #5heymccall2021-11-28 18:10

    TL230 has rack actuator, not shutoff solenoid.

  6. #6Kregsr19792021-11-29 10:18

    this was on the top of the injection pump I took it out thinking it might be the fuel shut off

  7. #7skata2021-11-29 11:05

    Picture not showing

  8. #8heymccall2021-11-30 12:34

    The rack actuator is the fuel shutoff. #20 in the drawing above. Every TL machine I've ever encountered has had issues with the fuel supply becoming restricted. The bottom suck elbow on the tank and the inlet to the water separator both can collect debris over the years. If you disconnect the separator inlet and lower that hose, fuel should easily flow out. If not, the elbow in the bottom of the tank is restricted. If fuel does flow, the separator inlet can be suspect. Full disassembly and inspection of the separator will be required.