Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 279C2 no High Flow

XSKIER ยท 2020-10-17 12:51

S/N KWB01063 with HIGH FLOW XPS Jumper Plug P/N 2413763 Both 15A fuses in the hydraulic cylinder slots in cab fuse panel are good. The operator manual has very little information on how this system works, so I'm mostly putting snippets together from Google searches. Initial testing was done with 1&2 rocker down on continuous flow. I did swap my hoses so that the operating direction is auxiliary 1&2 rocker up, but have not retested. I thought that pins B & F should be jumped for high flow?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2020-10-17 13:19

    Not on your particular machine. Wire C460 (Pin G) has to be jumpered to ground (Pin F) to trigger High Flow.

  2. #2XSKIER2020-10-18 11:06

    nige, thank you for the attachment. I checked the F and G pins with a power probe and both show ground key on engine off. I will do a little more investigation on the wiring and see if it makes a difference further upstream.

  3. #3Nige2020-10-18 12:19

    I wouldn't necessarily trust the readings of a power probe. A DMM would be better in this case, if you can get hold of one.

  4. #4XSKIER2020-10-19 22:11

    The outward appearance of my work tool harness would suggest that it was recently replaced. So, I did not initially suspect a problem with it. I went to the first connection back towards the machine, 8 pin Deutsche, near the fuel filter, "connection 8". Pins F and G correspond to 6 and 7 here, so I jumped them with a paper clip on the machine side and retested. Success! High flow activation. Now to fix the 7 or so feet of 8 wires that go out to the official jumper plug.