Hi guys, Just new here and looking for some info if you can help me out. I am looking to buy a small Drott at present and have come across a ** 200B, 4 in 1, rippers, winch, pto, it's a pretty clean little machine for it's age and looks to be in good shape. What are these units like, the only things I can fault on it is 1 turning brake needs adjusting, it has a small amount of hydraulic creep, but nothing major, and it has a minor oil leak on the back of the motor on the bell housing on the upper right hand side, there is a small inspection cover there it is has a little weap of oil coming out there, the owner says it has only just started to do that, and he doesn't know what it is so will be getting it checked out, and the sell price is going to be subject to what this leak is, major or minor.:beatsme This is the best piccy I could get as it was dark at the time. And this is 1 of the machine Any help would be appreciated. I'm in Australia Cheers My pictures haven't come up on the screen but those links will take you straight to the pictures. Cheeers
dont know about the leak but that track looks kind of tight
Hi HD I thought that as well myself, but not really knowing how tight they should be made me curious. I guess they could be backed off a bit in tension or could the owner possibly be trying to cover up excessively worn chains:bash
Well, no. If the chains are excessively worn, you are not ABLE to tighten up them like this. You'd reach the end of the adjuster travel. More than likely someone (with a high tolerance for loud, screaming noise) tightened them up like this to make the machine more presentable.
My dad still has an old case track loader (gas engine, 1950's) that he used on his property and the tracks on that things were beyond worn. Every bushing was worn all the way through and then some. The only way to even try to keep the tracks on the machine was to tighten them up so there was absolutely no slack in them. I know that wears them way faster but they were already shot and he was just trying to squeeze as much work out of that thing as he could without the tracks falling off all the time.
Thanks guys, it was pretty well dark when I looked at it, but I'll go and have a good look at it in the daylight and quiz the owner about the track adjustment. He was supposed to be getting the oil leak checked out over the weekend so i'll see what he has to say.
200b Hi Scrub Bull, The 200s were a popular drott in the 60s,70s& 80s.Small guys actually made money with them,as the AD3-152 Perky was easy on fuel,& Massey had backup everywhere here. They have a few "issues" as they have aged: creeping cylinders,worn/bonded steering clutches & leaky shuttles. I have a few of the earlier 2244 wrecked for parts & can source steer discs. The steering disc replacement requires removal of the final drive ...a tiresome job if there is the typical rust & mud in the housings. With the tracks,guys can remove a link to tighten them up....but this unit looks to be pumped up tight. Transmission can have a manual or hydraulic shuttle for Forward/Reverse operation. A selling point is the loader height reach...you can load a tipper OK. If you need more info,email me: [email protected] . Jim
Hi Jim thanks for the reply, yes it does have a bit of hydraulic creep, but nothing to serious, I am more concerned about the rear oil leak, do you know what that might be. It does steer a bit lazy on 1 side, so this sounds like a major job to get it turning tightly as well is it. I've sent you an email as well. Cheers.