Hi! I had both loaders, the MF3366 and tha Komatsu D41S-3 working at an inert fill area, so i had my brother to snap some pictures and take some video footage! Check out the video on youtube, it's not the best quality... http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SparalOy&view=videos The temperature was below freezing point, so it was not that fun to work without the cab, but i didn't have the time to mount it either... And man those grousser pads slip when they are on ice it looks like filming a scene for the fast and the furious movie when slipping around
Houston we got a problem! I had some strange problems with the Kommagutsa! it shut down like it had run out of fuel, first the revs fall down and after that it died... That's a lot of fun when it's standing in mud and water so that the rollers are covered, to make matters worse the water will freeze withing some hours :beatsme The only way to get the machine moving after it has frozen solid with the ground is, jack hammers and TONS of heat! but i decided to get the baby running before it froze. First i thought the fuel filter was dirty, so i changed it -> no luck. i took away the filter and opened the fuel valve-> still no fuel coming. I thought the fuel tank filter was dirty-> blew with compressed air from the incoming line to the transfer pump -> now fuel was coming!:notworthy so i installed everything again and continiued working, for half an hour, and it happened again so i put on repeat, but did check the fuel tank filter, to my surprise it was not dirty and no fuel did come from the big hole in the bottom of the tank? even if it was full to the top??? after heating my frozen hands with bad words and kicking mud in fury, i figured out the tank wentilation was not working... The darn hole in the fuel cap was frozen stuck!!! :Banghead so i fixed the machine in the end with a piece of iron wire... this little problem was an easy fix, but to find it my upper part of the body was soaked with diesel fuel and the waist down was frozen solid with mud. And still i had to make my work ready, because otherwise the dirt would freeze rock hard. So there i was pushing in the dark, while my wife was pissed of waiting me home:drinkup Man christmas vacation was needed!
that happen to our 410d backhoe. take the cap off and there is a big rush of air
somtimes a piece of ice floats around in the tank and covers the pickup lines. I heard of this hapening before.!!
More to come! Now i have plenty of spare time to arrange pictures and videos, so i decided to upload some more here and to our youtube site! Here i'm digging inside a building, it's really tight between the columns and there is a lot of big rocks to handle... here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4eFqn8liz4
Leaving those rocks inside the foundation was a dirty trick.Is that a steel tape in the lower left corner of the last pic?I ran a D41 dozer for a few years and I liked it.It was a well behaved dozer with enough weight to perform well.Ron G
Sparffo - nice pictures! What is the weight of that Komatsu? This is the reason that I don't have ROPS on my JD450, even though I get yelled at all the time for it.
Sparffo, is that the building job you were talking about earlier in the year. I remember some discussion about the danger of getting decapitated once the cab was off ? and that 41s do I remember you buying that from Ireland without seeing it, looks like it worked out ok. :drinkup
Because the building is built almost 100 years ago, i think they would have a problem with moving those rocks, so they dug around the poles instead? would be nice to know the reason! It's a old 2" steel pipe that i found under the concrete, thank god it didn't have any water in it The tranny is still a ? for me, the manual tells to down rew when changing gears/directions, but then it's as easy as a straight drive loader... I don't drop the rews while shifting, i just push the "clutch" or inching (?) pedal as they call it.
The machine weight a 11,5 tonnes, so its easy to move around with the 3 axle hook lift truck, while still having some weight to work with. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfoy2-EezC4 I will for shure put on the cab on the machine! it really sucks to work in the winter without a cab:Banghead rolling a machine like this would be an acomplishment
yes this is the job! first i was about to buy a CAT 955H, but opted for this 20 years younger Komatsu instead, the irish guys sold it cheap (with a lot of surprices:beatsme). The starnge thing is that the gearbox has become better with time??? thats something i can't understand? usually they only get worse... I changed all the oils and it was still sluggish like a snake in the freeze box, it did hardly pull first gear and didn't pull second at all. now i can push lightly with second and use third gear most of the time when compacting or moving around. It could be that there were some dirt in the hydraulic valves that controls the gearbox oil flow? The project when really well in anycase! i had to take out 400m3 of compact soil, that makes at least the double when the bucket has gone trough... and did it with less than 300 litres of fuel! the hour meter didn't work (surprise), but i would belive that it uses at least 15litres/hour so that would make it 20 machine hours! not mutch! with a bobcat and miniexcavator i would have needed two guys and a LOT of time!
I always used the clutch as I remember,of course when starting you really need it and the decelerator is a habit whenever there is a mismatch in gear ratio/RPM expected. One thing I remember is the ROPS rattled like hell on the dozer and the reason I remember it is that it used to drive one of our operators crazy but he didn't have far to go any way.I didn't bother me any.We never had any problems with it,just normal undercarriage wear etc.Ron G