Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

200D arm shakes

Ne farmer ยท 2019-08-04 10:45

2010 200D when moving the arm in or out it will start moving in and out intermittingly really fast. it doesn't do it under load. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Replies11
  1. #1Bls repair2019-08-04 18:32

    Does it stop as soon as you let go of controls or does continue for a couple more shakes?

  2. #2Ne farmer2019-08-04 23:45

    I'm pretty sure it stops as soon as I let go of controls.

  3. #3uffex2019-08-05 01:43

    Good day Is there a chance you have a bent arm cylinder? Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Ne farmer2019-08-05 08:06

    I don't think it's bent but how do I check?

  5. #5uffex2019-08-05 10:18

    Good day Fully extend the arm cylinder offer a straight edge onto the piston rod with callipers run these from top to the bottom of the jacket. If nothing shows up its time to plug the line with a gauge and operate the machine see what happens of the gauge - you mention that this happens in both directions that is rather unusual has there been any strange occurrence with the machine ? When this happens are you excavating fresh air or are you forcing the bucket into the dig? Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6Ne farmer2019-08-05 14:43

    It happens excavating fresh air. This morning it worked fine when I was doing light work like picking up limbs. But when I worked the machine digging taking a tree out, digging in P mode, standard power. Sometimes stalling the arm to where I had to raise up to break through the roots. Then that's when it will start to act up when I'm extending the arm out in mid air to start digging again. I did notice a little oil seepage from the arm cylinder. Thanks for your help so far.

  7. #7heymccall2019-08-05 19:11

    Take the time to fully stroke the cylinder in and out fully, twice. Retry for stutter. If cleared up, your external leak is allowing air into the circuit. But, first and foremost, ensure that there is sufficient hydraulic oil in the tank.

  8. #8TNB2019-08-05 22:50

    Are you running hitachi hydraulic oil? Is the engine pulling down while issue is occurring?

  9. #9uffex2019-08-06 01:49

    Good day Just to confirm we are talking of a Hitachi machine ?

  10. #10Ne farmer2019-08-09 21:10

    Thank you everyone. I fully stroked arm twice and the shutter goes away. So it must be air in the cylinder.

  11. #11uffex2019-08-10 02:23

    Thank you for coming back useful information may help others