Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Samsung SE130 hydraulic problem

Glen.c · 2019-08-02 19:57

I have a problem with the hydraulics in my Samsung excavator. Some thing move slow unless you do two things at once, for example if you slew it moves really slow unless you move the dipper arm at the same time, or the boom raises slowly unless you move the dipper arm with it

Replies14
  1. #1uffex2019-08-03 02:43

    Good day Glen The issue you describe sounds like you have a check valve problem unfortunately there are two both are sandwiched on the inside of each section. The check valves allow both pumps to use the same main relief valve if one is damaged or open it will permit the pump to leak to tank unless you are using both of the two valve banks. I have included an illustration to give you a better idea where these are however this is of a later block and small difference may be observed. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2funwithfuel2019-08-03 08:43

    So boom and slew are slow? Then you pull bucket or arm and they speed up? Are you running ISO or backhoe controls? Do you have a pattern change valve? When you deadhead a slow function do you hear a difference in engine sound equal to deadheading strong functions? Do you have gauges for your machine? Does she track straight, and do you have single pedal straight travel? Gotta gimme something to work with.

  3. #3Glen.c2019-08-03 08:52

    yes, when I pull back the arm they speed up, It is ISO no pattern change valve, I'm not sure about the engine sound, I will have to check that when I get a chance. It's a 1992 machine and has been a scrap metal excavator most of its life its pretty beat up, pretty much no electronics. it does not track straight at all. and it does not turn on its own you need to lift it and help it turn with the boom.

  4. #4funwithfuel2019-08-03 09:43

    I am more inclined to think you have a hurt pump, but the symptoms dont agree with me. If one stick was slow, yes, but you have one function on each stick that is slow. Have you gauged anything? Do you have gauges? I don't know your experience level yet, or what you're comfortable with. First thing I'd do is gauge pump pressure. Have a notebook and write down the pressure for each function at end of travel. Then I'd pin the tracks and check those pressures. Make sure you do left controls on one side, right controls on the other. Have you serviced the hydraulics. If not , it's a good time. The filters and sump strainer will tell you a lot. Drain the oil into a suitable container before pulling the strainer, otherwise trash drops right into the pump feed. Look at your filter , is it packed with debris? Lots of vinyl, any metal? Spin off the case drain, use a filter cutter , open it up, what do you see? Remove and inspect your servo oil filter . Should be a small aluminum canister in the pump room with spanner flats on the bottom to remove. Let us know what you find. What do you have on the end of the stick? Mag, grapple, thumb ? Hydraulic or rigid? How is it plumbed, off bucket spool, off option? Does it have a rotator? Maybe just snap a couple pics. Good luck and be careful.

  5. #5Savage3062021-08-17 21:15

    Hello iam experiencing very similar problems when turning the machine with the tracks they well stop like it is bypassing also at times while traveling at full speed up a bit of a hill it well lug down the hydraulics and stall the engine. I have to track back and forth to get the tracks to spin opposite of each other and turn. The boom functions are slow untill a second function is moved. Some dual functions like swing and curl bucket well cause the hydraulics to load up and the engine to stall. The track speeds from side to side and a few seconds slower from each other. I'm looking for some troubleshooting specs and manuals I have a few gauge sets but not sure what parts of the pump and circuits to install them or what they should read. Any help would be appreciated.

  6. #6Savage3062021-08-17 21:16

    I have changed all hydraulic filters and found no debris

  7. #7Matty large2022-10-25 05:02

    Hey mate have the same problem with the one I own did you work out what was the problem much appreciated mate.

  8. #8uffex2022-10-25 07:49

    Good day Matty Attached is some help to find the problem sorry not so good at guess work. Kind regards Uffex

  9. #9Matty large2022-10-25 17:45

    Hey mate thanks for the quick reply just doing a bit of homework. Going to go in and change the hydrolic oil and have a look at the strainer in the tank. In the next few weeks. Thanks

  10. #10uffex2022-10-27 05:14

    Good day Matty It appears there is an intermittent problem attaching files to posts on the HEF. Kind regards Uffex

  11. #11Matty large2022-10-27 14:14

    Thanks mate I got the files much appreciated will keep you updated on what I find. Won't start working on it for another two weeks.

  12. #12Lagwagon2022-10-27 21:12

    Is it a dash 2 or 3 Matty?, Dash 2 has the chopper cab, Dash 3 more normal looking. I have the workshop manual for the -2, has schematics etc

  13. #13Matty large2022-10-27 22:31

    So the Machine is a 1999 or 1998 Samsung se130 lc 28 I've uploaded a photo of it (if it works). Thanks everyone.

  14. #14Lagwagon2022-10-27 23:30

    Ok, it’s a little confusing but If yours is a 97-99 model it’s a -3 but in the -2 shape. In 99 they updated the shape but called it -3 LCM. The 210-2 however got updated to the -3 in ‘97 and got the new shape. I’m unsure if your model has the same hydraulic setup as the 1992 to 1996-2 models. If you can grab a serial number when your at the machine next I’ll do some research. Theres a faint chance my manual could help. cheers