Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

200D LC engine warning alarm

terex herder · 2019-07-13 19:15

I have an intermittent engine warning alarm on my 200D LC. How do I get the machine to give me a code so I have a clue where to look for a problem?

Replies7
  1. #1mg23612019-07-14 05:22

    Press and hold the top right button , then turn the key on while holding button until default screen appears. Release the button then use the menu button (the second button from the right on the bottom row) to access diagnostics. That gets you into the service mode.

  2. #2terex herder2019-07-14 22:35

    Thank you. I expected a separate service menu to appear. I didn't expect a separate line to be available in the regular menu button. Does the machine store codes? I found nothing listed, and of course it didn't act up for the hour I ran it today.

  3. #3mg23612019-07-15 04:45

    Scroll to the troubleshooting section, highlight it and press enter the button (second from the right top row. Just above it on the screen will be a pointing finger). Then you should see a list of controllers. If any number higher than zero shows next to a controller then scroll to that controller to highlight it and press enter again to get code details.

  4. #4Mbar2019-07-15 12:07

    The best I can remember the Deere excavators don’t store codes. Look for the code before cutting machine off. Does your machine have a reversing fan

  5. #5terex herder2019-07-15 13:43

    It acted up on me this morning. It showed two codes, 97-16 and 1569-31. Can you tell me what the codes mean?

  6. #6terex herder2019-07-15 13:54

    I should have go ogled them first. 97 is water in fuel, and 1569 is engine power derate. Sure enough, there was water in the primary. Thanks for the replies.

  7. #7Mbar2019-07-15 15:09

    http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMRG38038_19/HS01721A,00000D7_19_20100412.html . Use this it will help you in the future