Hi all, pulled a 313 in the shop today. Noticed on a hard concrete floor, the machine seemed tippy. Grabbing the end of the stick, I could get the machine rocking up and down just picking up and pushing on the stick. It turns out the 3rd roller in, on each side, from the front idler, is a larger OD then the rest of the rollers, giving it a teetering effect. It seems fairly well balanced as well. The 2 veteran mechanics I work with have never seen it either. What do you guys think?
Pictures would help.
Strange as all rollers should be the same part number. The 1st and 2nd roller in wear faster than the rest but not enough to be noticeable. Did someone change them out cause they leaked so you have new rollers mixed with worn ?
Another thought if there are other non-Cat rollers that will physically fit and are different diameter..? Kinda clutching at straws here without either photos or some roller diameter measurements.
I will try to get some when I see it Monday.
On my IHI crawler carriers, the center bogeys are shimmed a bit to lower them. If they are all dead even, there's too much surface contact (friction) to allow turning on smooth, hard surfaces. These have continuous belt rubber tracks, though. I've never seen that on a steel tracked excavator yet.