I have a 2003 jd 200lc hoe that is having trouble in the boom circuit. It started off falling farther than I wanted when boom down was functioned but it would stop after about a foot. Now when I go to raise the boom it comes up about a foot then ever so slowly will raise. Then when down is functioned at all the boom free falls and slams to the ground. I have eliminated the joystick by swapping boom to bucket curl, same problem. swapped up and down reliefs same problem. Cylinders check out good. Reduced leakage valve seems to be fine. manual boom screw works right. mall other functions on the hoe work perfect besides the boom. Any ideas?
Good day The spool springs becoming detached from the spool can give this type of issue I suggest you check this out and then establish isf the spool is shifting in a smooth manner. Kind regards Uffex
Which spool? On the reduced leakage valve? I’m assuming it’s the one with 4 Allen head screws holding it on. It’s right beside the boom up relief cartridge?Thank you
Welcome to HEF Michael ! If you don't already have it you will need TM1663 Operation and Test Manual as well as TM1664 Repair Manual. Loaded or unloaded? How did you check this? Has the lift checks been checked?
Im thinking here as well.
Mg2361 unloaded. Even if you try to feather the control in the down position it pretty much free falls to the ground. Visual inspection of reduced leakage valve . lift checks? I assume you mean check valve. where are the checks located? I used to work on hydraulic top drives for a living and was pretty good at it. Never messed with an excavator so component location and identification ect are My problem here lol. Where can I purchase a manual? John Deere wants big bucks for them . Thanks for the help. Hoe has been down for a while and I have to get it going quick.
What did you do before machine trouble happened?? Very easy for checking is......swap 02 main hoses which connect to BOOM cylinder.
Got it fixed. It was the spring on the spool had came loose. I guess that explains why it progressively got worse. Thanks for your help! I’m sure I’ll be back you guys are awesome.
Great nice you kept us informed Kind regards Uffex