Hey everyone, haven't posted in a long time. I replaced the batteries and starter on my 200zx, and am sure I burnt the starter up, dealing with a fuel issue... ( We installed an new throttle cable and went through the relearning and adjustment then, but it still works properly only half the time). Anyway, toasted the starter and after replacing both starter and the the batteries, ( because they were still the factory ones and shot), I can hear the click when I turn the key to start but it won't start unless I jump power straight to the starter. What I'm trying to pinpoint, is if it's a combo of the battery disconnect failing, and a starter relay as well. All fuses are good and what is odd, is that it isn't just the starter not engaging... I hear the computer running the throttle cable, but the starter won't engage, also, the fan in the cab won't turn on with the key. I suspect there are two issues related, but yet different. No I don't have a repair manual or I wouldn't need on here . Needing to see if anyone has the same model and has ran into similar in issues. Also, the two speed isn't working. But it hasn't reliably for awhile. I don't see any loose wires or connections to the travel solenoid, or anything else. My third Hitachi and still better than my brand new 50 which has 80°air blowing or the vent on full ac on a 50°day lol. But that's another story. Thanks for any helpful replies or tips. I don't want to just start trying to bypass things to get it to run, and risk frying a computer or causing other damage. Thanks again!
Make sure safety lock out lever switch is working correctly .What is your dash number?
It's on 03 straight 200 I thought but could be wrong. Many machines to keep track of. The lever wouldn't keep the heater fan from blowing with the key on so I assume it's several things related..I despise anything electrical or computer based. All mechanical is so much simpler lol
I did not see that about the fan .a JD 200 should be very close to you get by .What is your email address .I will send you what have .
[email protected] . love the machine other than this new starter issue and the fuel control servo needed tuned up every week.. all the fittings and bolts are tight so no clue why it over revs one minute and barely idles the next. Thanks a bunch for the help
Hi all, The HITACHI Model ZX excavators are DASH ONE if they have been using EC motor and throttle cable.
Correct it's a straight 200zx. No dash. Great hoe just want to get these little bugs addressed