I have a 2010 Caterpillar 252BII with about 350 hours on it. It's been having some intermittent wiring problems. I would say about 5% of the time, the machine will not start. No power making it to the solenoid. When this is happening, there is power leaving the ignition switch, but it doesn't make it to the solenoid. The first time it happened, I pulled the cab apart to get at the ignition switch and do some testing. That's when I found that there was power leaving the switch and not making it to the solenoid. I had a Finning tech come out to look at it, but it actually started when he showed up. To make a long story short, does anybody have any idea where I could get a wiring diagram for a 2010 Cat 252BII? I would like to pick up the ignition wire somewhere in the engine bay, before the relay. Any help you could give me would be appreciated!
Can you post the machine serial number please?
The serial number is CAT0252BPSCP06035
Click on my username then click on "start a conversation". Use that to send me your email address. I have your schematic.
Also the ECM's are under the floor plate and it is very common for rodents to get in there and chew on the wires or for mud to build up and corrode connectors and even corrode through the ECM case!
Hi the machine starting is controlled by the machine ECM's which looks at the safety switch's make sure these are ok, especially the seat switch Mark