hello I just bought, and got a 2010 car 299c serial # cat0299CJJSP01124 4400 hours delivered to my property. When I backed it off the truck, everything seemed fine. A minute later it would basically not move. I could get it to move super super slow for a foot at a time moving the joystick forward and back to neutral over and over again. Then it popped a leak, or it did prior to me seeing fluid pour out of the belly pan. Found the leak, hosed rubbed thru between the chassis and final drive, replaced and refilled. No joy still barely moves. Reading this forum, I checked for codes and got 2687-8, 2687-2, 2685-8, 2688-2, these all had a floppy disk icon (saved code I’m guessing?) other codes E570-2, E391-1? It’s does drive forward and back and turns, bucket works fine. Just painfully slow driving gas pedal seems to stop it Thinking speed sensors, or should I look at door latch? Thanks for some directions to look Rob
This is the first skid steer I’ve owned, I’ve used rentals prior
Those 2685, 2687, 2688 Codes are all speed sensor related. Check out the “299D won’t move” thread and come back if you have questions. You’ll need a good DMM (one that will read duty cycle) and a set of spoons as a start.
Question? Does the floppy disk icon mean it’s a stored code or an active code. I read your troubleshooting advise for the wiring harness and speed sensors. Will go after that When I adjust the hand speed throttle it moves slow, but stepping on the gas pedal barely revs and then it stops moving. Should I be seeing a fault light if the speed sensor is bad?
Some photos of what you're seeing on the panel might help. I'm not sure what you mean by "floppy disc icon". One thing you should be aware of from the start is that your machine uses a different electrical schematic to the machine that's the subject of that thread. If you want a copy of the schematic for your machine then drop me a PM with your email address. Regarding tooling for the diagnostic procedures you may have to slog through all the pages of the thread. Different bits & bobs came up at different times as we went through the process.
Here is a picture of the code
That looks like a Logged Diagnostic (stored in memory, hence the floppy disk symbol) but I'm going to digress here for your two Event Codes. E391 is Inlet Air Restriction. Manual states - "Check the engine air cleaner inlet and ducting. Ensure that the passageway is not blocked or collapsed. Inspect the engine air cleaner element. Replace if needed." E570 is Unexpected Right Motor Forward Speed Detected. "These events indicate that unexpected motor speed in the indicated direction has been detected. The direction of the wheels/tracks has moved faster or slower than expected". Probable Cause in your case - Intermittent diagnostic for a motor speed sensor You have both Diagnostic Codes 2687 & 2688 which are the #1 & #2 speed sensors on the RH side of the machine. So I would suggest that you do the Troubleshooting Procedure for both RH Speed sensors. Do you have an Operation & Maintenance Manual for the machine..? If not would you like one..? It can be downloaded in pdf format from Cat for $66.
fixed, realized the accelerator pedal wasn’t doing anything, clip came loose at throttle body. Reattached, works perfect. Thanks for the help
Good to hear it was something simple. Certainly didn't sound that way to start with. Do you have a manual for it..?