Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 JCB 320T

Magnum402 · 2019-09-14 01:26

Hello. I purchased an inoperable 2014 JCB 320T with the Exomax T4i motor SN: GEO320TVCD2196986. I got the machine running and determined that the engine needed to be replaced as it was run without oil. A used 2017 Exomax engine with 59 hours was found as a replacement. The engine details and ecu matched the 2014. The replacement engine cranks but will not start. Using the Servicemaster4 software the ECUs have been reflashed and tomorrow I will reset to factory defaults as this was not done. The compression is good, the rail pressure is over 300 Bar, the engine cranks at over 200 rpm, the cam sensor was swapped for a known good one, there are no codes, and all sensor data looks normal. The part numbers for the wiring harness from a 2014 and a 2017 are identical. When cranking the right cluster displays "delay". I assume that this is for the grid heater, but I do not know if this is normal. If this is related to my no start problem or if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies12
  1. #1skata2019-09-15 00:18

    Could you not have used the original ecu?

  2. #2Magnum4022019-09-15 02:35

    I could have and should have. I reflashed the chassis ECU, eh ECU, right cluster, and left cluster so now the old ECU does not work, I tried. It appears as though the flash file for the engine ECU was not configured correctly. It says SSL, but the data for the model shows EOL Hot Test. This configuration in a SSL causes a no start.

  3. #3Magnum4022019-09-16 21:29

    I did a data capture and field spn578 Model: shows up as EOL Hot Test. Is this normal or should field spn578: Model show SSL? Also during cranking it shows Delay in the right cluster, is this normal or should Delay go away after cranking for awhile? Thanks.

  4. #4Magnum4022019-09-19 23:39

    I have a 2014 JCB 320T SN: D2196986 Engine Serial Number U3912213. The unit was running and operating but required an engine rebuild or replacement. To save money I purchased a JCB demo motor with 59 hours from a 3TS-8T, SN: D2196986, Engine Serial Number: U0590717. This is my first JCB, so I am not that familiar with the data capture names or general operation. Field $spn587_Model is listed as EOL Hot Test, is this normal? The ecu has been reflashed as SSL and is listed as SSL in the flashloader, but the data capture still shows EOL Hot Test. During cranking the right cluster shows delay. It constantly shows DELAY during cranking and never changes, is this normal? Also, some of the diagnostic tests (engines that are cranking but not starting) abort before the test starts. However, there are no error codes on the engine or chassis computers. I have been working with the local dealership, and confirmed that the compression was good, engine cranking rpm was over 200 rpm, rail pressure was over 300 Bar, cam position sensor was good, lift pump, injector pulse test is good, no air in the lines, engine oil pressure good, everything has been reflashed to the latest update, injector table matches the injectors, defaults have been restored. Flash Files: Chassis ECU: 333-X5426-4-02CH.vsf ECM: 320_B9992-SSL-0055C-ECM-QYC55P00_171017.jcbs EH ECU: 333-X5427-4-01EH.vsf LH Switch Panel: 728-X1552-0-08.vsf RH Cluster: 333-X5428-4-00RHC.vsf

  5. #5skata2019-09-20 00:20

    Do you have the fuel shutoff solenoid hooked up? Where exactly are you measuring fuel pressure? Do you get fuel if you crack an injector line loose, and then turn engine over?

  6. #6Magnum4022019-09-20 00:34

    The fuel shutoff solenoid is hooked up, I will double check operation. I am measuring fuel pressure from the fuel rail pressure sensor using Servicemaster 4 diagnostic software, I have not verified the accuracy of the sensor. I do get fuel when an injector line is cracked and the engine cranked over. Thanks.

  7. #7skata2019-09-20 00:55

    Did the replacement engine come with the injector pump installed? Or did you swap over the injection system? Possible injector timing issue?

  8. #8Magnum4022019-09-20 21:28

    The injection pump came pre-installed. However, this is a common rail diesel so the pump just supplies pressure. The injectors are fired by the cam position sensor.

  9. #9skata2019-09-20 22:59

    Ah ok. How are you verifying the injectors are firing? By computer? Did you pull an injector plug to see if it actually has voltage during cranking. Possible loose injector harness. Just throwing ideas at you. I mean you say you have fuel pressure, you have injector pulse, and assuming you have compression, the thing should fire up....

  10. #10Magnum4022019-09-21 12:37

    I checked to see if the injectors were firing with a test light. They are not receiving a pulse signal and there is no power at the plug. I was able to successfully buzz test the injectors though. I think it is something related to EOL Hot Test, but can’t verify yet. Thanks.

  11. #11ddedaniel2020-02-21 18:11

    EOL HoT test = means End of Line Hot Test. The engine can start with EOL Hot test or with Excavator which ever option you select. I think you have another problem. Did you find a solution? I ask because It's been a while since the last altímetro you post it. Let me know. Send me and e mail and I will try to help you, then we can post the solution.

  12. #12ddedaniel2020-02-21 18:14

    I have the problem with an engine and I will try to solve it this week, I work in a JCB dealer at South America. Keep in touch.