Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2011 Case 580 SN shuttle shift position sensitive

wldhoss ยท 2020-06-28 10:26

When placing the shuttle shift in reverse, the position is sensitive. The lever comes back too far and I have nudge it forward to engage the transmission. Is there a adjustment or do I have to replace the shuttle shift.

Replies4
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2020-06-28 17:52

    Take cover off from under steering wheel so you can see the shifter and see what it is doing. If the lever is going to far in reverse it sounds like housing may be broken it's an electrical switch.

  2. #2wldhoss2020-07-04 09:35

    I talked to a Case Tec and was told that on some shift actuators you can take them apart and file the contact points.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2020-07-04 14:43

    You can try it, what have you got to loose

  4. #4wldhoss2020-07-17 19:27

    Up Date. Took the shuttle shift apart and found twp of the electrical connector pins loose from the circuit board. Soldered them back and all is good.