Have a 2001 super, lost pump, splines stripped, replaced with reman. Not even 500hrs later reman pump failed, filled the system with garbage. 4955hours I try very hard to maintain it. It’s at the dealer to get a new pump and flush the system. I dig main for a gas utility. Question for case mechanics.... keep it or trade it? Very hesitant about future problems now that it’s been contaminated
If dealer flushes the system they should get most of contamination out, but unless they disassemble the cylinders and flush all lines they won't get it all. I would run the machine and change the filter say at 250hrs and then change again like at 750hrs after that. It's really up to you as of what you want to do about selling or trading the machine. I'm sure the dealer will give you a good deal and even maybe pay shop bill if you trade with them.
I don’t know if the machine will stay working year round. It’s paid for so I’m hesitant to trade in for a new machine. My gut says don’t keep a machine with a compromised system. Machine is in good shape but it’s also at the age of nickel and dime repairs.
The stripped spines are a normal occurrence with pumps driven like they are. The re-manufactured pump failure is a risk you take with them. Question your dealer to give you details about the flush procedure. If they do it correctly like Coy said you should be OK. The end of the winter work season should make some decent machines come on the market.
If you trade for another used machine, you will never know for sure it’s history. It may have been contaminated as well. Fix what you have.
I’m looking at a 2016 super N. I want to jump on it due to the fact it’s turn key setup exactly how I want and it’s 4stick which is harder to find without ordering new. I’m worried about the packings in the cylinders and any other issues that could come up. I know **** has already made its way through control valves. I can feel it in the levers and the filter was cut open
I’m looking at a 2016 I know the prior owner already talked to him. 1800hrs only reason for the trade was to move up too 590
My experience with contamination failures tells me you should get rid of it ASAP.
You better jump on the SN. If it is financially feasible. The only reason he sold/traded it was to get a 590 and you know and talked to him. Those are the machines you hardly ever find.
Ive spent a lot of time in the N series machines before I bought my own machine. N series is an unbelievable machine for the power speed and comfort. Quality I’m not impressed. Another reason I prefer the older L or early M. Bullet proof and easy to work on.
I can understand that for those reasons. But, what are your chances of finding one of them with 1600 hours on it, owned by someone you know and can talk honestly to ? You are in the midst of a bad experience with a SM that has less than 5000 hours. There could be another one like it in your future. Take Vetech's advice, Like maybe before Saturday.