Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2011 case tv380 gear oil

K&k land management · 2019-09-14 14:05

what weight gear oil do i need to put in my final drives I pulled the caps and drained it but can’t find any info on it. I even have the service manual and I see nothing..

Replies5
  1. #1Tyler d4c2019-09-15 07:15

    I'm 99 percent sure it would be 85w-140 synthetic. Most all little final drives ore that I've been around.

  2. #2K&k land management2019-09-15 09:48

    I happened to pick 85w-140 up so I will put that in for now and double check with my dealer

  3. #3KSSS2019-09-16 01:29

    Your machine takes 80-90.

  4. #4Tyler d4c2019-09-18 17:41

    I guessed wrong. But the real question is would it really make a difference.

  5. #5KSSS2019-09-18 21:47

    I cant say for certain. It might be an issue in cold weather, but I don't know for sure. When it comes to those drives I buy the oil from the dealer at the weight it calls for. They don't take much and I could buy it cheaper elsewhere I am sure, but I just don't want to the chance. Probably overly OCD about it.