I have a 2007 Tak Tl150. I have intermittent starting problems. I think I have a bad safety relay. It is the relay that is located behind the fuse panel in the right had control tower. When the machine won't start , I can tap on the outside of the control tower and it will start. I have checked connections all seem good. Does anyone know how the internal circuit works on this relay? It has a "c" terminal from the key switch, "s" terminal to the starter solenoid, "P" terminal to the Alternator, "AC" terminal to alternator, and "B" terminal to the battery. The relay costs $300, so hate to replace it if there is a way to test it. any help will be appreciated. thank
HeavyEquipmentForums
thank You for your reply, but the link takes me to the relay assembly that is located just above your feet. The safety relay that is in this assembly is for the safety arm. the relay that I am talking about is located behind the fuse panel inside the right hand control tower. I am looking for an explanation of how this relay works. Thanks for your help.
This one?
According to this from yanmar 4tnv book, relay prevents cranking after starting. (At least that's what I think it says)
I got that from here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAZegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3qPW5SGLKy80FSiBpvEcEw
I think this is the charge relay that operates the charge lamp in the gauge panel. the Safety relay is located inside that tower, but below the gauges and behind the fuse panel. I am trying to find out how it functions so I can test it. Many thanks for your help.