Hello, I Have a 200D and when I put my hammer on it and switch to breaker mode in the cab I'm getting a jumping return line on the hammer. The company I bought the hammer from saying its a restriction and that the machine aux hydraulics is still in two way. I'm pretty sure it switches from two way to one way in the computer when you switch to breaker but not sure of there is a Manuel way to switch to one way. Any help would be great thanks.
Welcome to HEF OC. Do you know if it is a Deere aux plumbing kit or an aftermarket kit such as HKX or NPK ? Have you ever had that hammer or another perform properly on the machine ? . In breaker mode with the 2 shut off valves at the end of the stick closed , do you see each auxiliary hose between the boom and stick load up and then release when you cycle the control switches in each direction ?
If its a factory setup with the hydraulically actuated diverter valve then my money is on the spool inside being seized up. Pretty common issue if the machine never gets switched out of 2 way mode. Pretty easy field fix, just need to take out the spool and clean it up with some fine emery cloth to get the rust and crap off it.
Yes it is factory Deere aux plumbing not an aftermarket kit. I haven't done it with the hammer off but when the hammer is on if I hit the other aux button on the joystick it looks like it tries to load the return line on the hammer. I had another hammer on it last year ( same manufacture) but I cant remember if I was getting the jumping return line or not. I have heard of the spool valve sticking just not sure exactly where it is on the machine.
Follow the right hand side aux hose back from where it leaves the boom. The hose goes directly to the selector/ diverter valve.
i am glad to see i'm not the only one with a 200d. i just bought a 2011 excavator and the machine is setup for a hammer. the continuous flow works fine but i want to know how to use directional flow to control a thumb? the right joy stick has buttons for it. and when you press them i HEAR a relay click behind the seat. how do i find out if this machine is setup with a 3 way valve or fwd/rev aux flow? the hoses don't move on the arm when you press the buttons on the joystick, but if you push the hammer pedal on the floor one does. is there a setting on the screen i need to select to enable this? there is a factory aux disable button under my left arm but i have that enabled.
Looking at the machine picture on one of your previous posts ,from a distance it looks like factory plumbing installed. Though someone must have customized the kit to install a foot switch to operate the hammer. The operators manual gives a good description of how to use the monitor functions. You should be able to select a 2 way attachment like a thumb / grapple / shear. Hope that works out for you. Link to the Deere bookstore below. There is an option to download a free copy of the Operators manual . John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com
Thanks, we read the book last night but none of the tool selections allow you to change the flow direction category. The book only briefly discusses hammer 1 and 2 and adjusting flow rates. That's it.
Interesting… Are you able to locate the auxiliary control solenoid valve and take a picture of it ? With key on only ,get someone in the cab to operate the hammer foot switch and you listen for solenoid clicking sounds outside.
On your machine monitor , do you not have Breaker 3 (which is actually a 2 way attachment) like in screenshot below ?.
i purchased the service manual for the machine today and it has been very helpful. so the two buttons on the right joystick goto their respective relays behind the seat. K30 & K31. these relays pass power through to two small looms underneath the air cleaner. once the sun comes out tomorrow morning I will go out and see if the connectors go anywhere. thanks Dave, i did get a chance with a helper to do the audible click test. the hammer pedal on the floor was the only button that made any clicking near the valves. x534 goes to v30 / v31 underneath that air cleaner.. yes we tried breaker 3 which was called pulverizer or something and it should have a double acting cylinder, it didn't do anything.
Do you have anything like this mounted on your machine in this location? This would be in the area under the plate that covers the control valve.
yes, this is there. when you push the hammer foot pedal that solenoid on the top of that block engages.
This is what is there Thank you everybody
I see only 1 solenoid , so that is a one way flow control kit.
Thanks. I found the wire loom for the joystick buttons. One last question. Is there a kit they sell to retrofit 2 way hyd or must I piece this together ?
I want to say you are likely going to piece something together, It would be good to know who suppled the control kit you have. I wouldn’t guarantee that is a Deere control kit. I don’t recognize the circled manifold block with sensor and pressure switch in this application. Is there anything legible at all on the white sticker beside the solenoid valve ?
Unfortunately nothing is legible. I think I will come up with my own setup and mount it right at the pads on the boom and tap on where the orfs plugs are. I am trying to avoid plumbing two additional hoses to this. I haven't pressurized the lines on the boom yet to make sure they're closed on the supply side of things. I have a feeling one of the two lines will be open though, what are your thoughts? Does this sound like a fair play?
Hitmix300 said “I have a feeling one of the two lines will be open though, what are your thoughts? “ Not 100% sure if that plumbing kit has a 1 way/2 way selector valve or not. Follow the right hand side auxiliary hose back from where it leaves the boom and take a picture of where that hose ends.
it is hard to follow it terminates at a selector valve or something
That is the selector valve. By default the selector valve is in 2 way flow position. A controlled pilot pressure signal is being sent to port PP on the selector valve shifting the large spool in the selector valve to provide 1 way flow.
That is because the foot switch is wired directly to the solenoid. There should be pigtails near the solenoid for the lever switches. If not, I think there is a separate harness that you would need to purchase (that will be in the kit information I sent in messages). How about the numbers off that little valve on the bottom. Also, any hoses attached to it and where they go. @hitmix300 and @Diesel Dave , check your messages.
Thanks for the 2 way solenoid kit install instructions @mg2361 ! . From hitmix300 picture , the small manifold with the pressure switch and the pressure sensor is actually a shuttle valve part # 4411001. I have never seen it used in this application either. I do know that Paladin installed a lot of factory plumbing kits in Kernersville NC. Paladins documentation of any modifications they made was sometimes lacking.
thank you for the help everybody, im at the tail end of the two way valve install, while leaving the one way valve installed. the only issue i am running into is the shuttle valve. the drawings from john deere show the inputs being across from one another and the output being one of the other 4 ports. i capped off one of the 4 ports and applied air to the others and am not seeing the air stop moving from the other input port. it would have been helpful for the instructions to put the port numbers (A B C D) but of course they have to make it tricky haha does anybody know how this hitachi 4411001 shuttle valve is supposed to be plumbed?
On the shuttle valve 4411001 ,I believe there is only one port with a metal plug where the factory installs the shuttle ball into the valve. The remaining 3 ports should have only plastic plugs. Straight fitting #6 would be installed in the port directly across from the metal plug. The (2) 90 degree fittings would be installed in the two remaining ports. It makes no difference which of the two 90 degree fittings the input hoses are installed on.
thank you Dave hopefully my next post will be a video of this pro link thumb actuating!
I‘m going to assume that Deere auxiliary plumbing kit came with (2) circuit relief valves installed. Generally with a thumb , the thumb cylinder barrel end circuit releif valve is set to approx 2500 psi. It is set low so the thumb cylinder is able to retract when ever the bucket curling forces against the thumb tines.
Orlando Construction, Looks like your thread was hijacked. Sorry. In my experience a jumping return line indicates an under charged accumulator or a blown accumulator diaphragm. I apologize to every one else if I am not the first to say this. It looks like all of the replies are directed to hitmix300. (sigh... Hijackers.) As far as I know, you cannot use the computer to change from two way (all oil flows through the valve body) to one way (oil flows through the valve body and then, either through the oil cooler or directly back to tank). Only a mechanical valve will do that. The computer can only determine the pressure and volume. And... What hammer do you have mounted on your machine?