Hi guys Wondering if anyone knows where the relief adjustment for the auxiliary hydraulics is? A bit hard to follow the hydraulic lines back to the valve body. Or if anyone has a service manual for a Vio17 it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Good day Follow the lines if you have one it should connect to the lines, see attched port relief are absent on the option slice. Kind regards Uffex
Thanks for the info. Are you saying the option slice on the valve block has no relief adjustment?
Good day Elliot There is no port relief valve illustrated, which is most often used to control the option relief. If you can take some photos of the option line back to the slice, I will try to help some more. What are you using the option spool for? Kind regards Uffex
That’s a bit disappointing. I have installed a hydraulic thumb and was hoping to adjust it as to not break the cylinder Edit: I have purchased the service manual. I believe the auxiliary is labeled as PTO not Option. It also seems from the factory the bucket relief is set to 3553 psi, and the PTO at 2987 psi. So maybe no adjustment is necessary?
Good day Elliot I do not have any manual only parts book, can you check to see if that slice appears the same as the parts book. Kind regards Uffex
Yes I will check. I have the thumb working now but as expected, bucket will not overpower it. Risk of breaking the thumb cylinder. I will have to look at the valve body to make sure there really is no relief adjustment. Either that or my bucket relief is low due to wear
Good day Elliot What you explain is making very good sense to me, often the only pressure you need in the thumb cylinder needs to be sufficient to hold material, however lower enough allowing the bucket cylinder to force retraction. Often the level to achieve satisfaction can be established by trial & error as differing geometry and cylinder size relative to each installation. Kind regards Uffex
Good day Elliot I have dug around and found some information that may be of help, please see attached. Kind regards Uffex
Good day Elliot See attached this will offer protection to both sides of the thumb cylinder, present the attched to your local hydraulic outfit it should not be to expensive. You will only need one extra hose connection. Kind regards Uffex