Happy New year everyone, my 2011 john deere showed a code , after running for 20 minutes,yesterday and today (E601D), disappears, when I got to shop and restarted, I didn't notice any issues running etc, oil change/filter/ hydro and filter done 50 hours ago, no leaking, rig has 2,100 hours, only used in winter, fuel filter was done 150 hours ago or 2 years ago... of course john deere closed for new years, any mobile tech have an idea? thanks philip
I'm having the same issue right now. Talked with a deere tech and he said because it sits outside in the winter and I do plow snow it is likely freezing up the air filters and restricting air flow. Hope this helps.
Kmoore, I talked to NORTRAX, concord, NH, they said the code(E601D) is basically a "routine service is due", if it did not get "stored", so when you turn the key on its not there etc, ,mine would come on after running machine for 20-30 minutes, if you look at my top post, fuel filters weren't done for almost 3 years, even though I put little hours on, they and others said diesel fuel etc, is dirty/moisture ...I bought OEM form my dealer, replaced inline plastic fuel and black final filter, after running for over two hours, hasn't returned, I'm hoping that was the problem, my 244J is stored in a climate controlled shop etc. maybe your issue is different then mine, let me know how you make out, year? hours? regards, philip
Mine is a 2012 with 3400 hours. Unfortunately I don't have the option of storing it indoors as much as I would prefer to. I replaced the air filters about a month ago and the code dissapeared. Recently we've been plowing almost everyday and the code pops up within 10 minutes of startup. Going to replace the fuel filters tomorrow and hopefully it solves the issue.
Kmoore, PLEASE keep me posted or PM, that code(E601D) ,NORTRAX (Deere) claimed they wouldn't be able to read the code unless they were there and it trigged, or if it always came on when unit was started, not sure if you bought new or have service records , but again , before i changed my fuel filters, it came on twice, within 20-30 min.....You in Hanover Mass?NH?
Hanover Ontario Canada. Was out plowing again last night and for the first time this week the code didn't pop up. Not that I'm complaining but the sooner I figure it out the better. If I do you will be the first to know.
Kmoore, how many hours you think you were plowing? When was last time fuel filters were done? just wondering...
I usually plow between 7 and 9 hours per snowfall, and since the start of Dec. I've been out about 25 times. Filters had 350 hrs since they were changed. I know my fuel supplier just filled the bulk tank recently and wonder if I got some bad fuel . Today I changed out the filter and no more code. Engine hp is back and running great, thanks for the help.
kmoore, keep us posted....philip