I need some help from you experts on here if possible. I have a 2011 John Deere 410J TC with TMC, extendaboom, 4wd, open cab (not sure if any of that matters for my question, but figured it might help) I bought used. Anyway, I blew a hose yesterday which isn't the problem, however, trying to find the right hydraulic fluid is. I went to a Deere dealer near my work and he couldn't figure out which oil was correct. He listed 4 or 5 different ones. However, the manual and the dealers computer both said not to mix oils. So my questions are as follows: 1. Does anybody know for sure which hydraulic fluid this needs? 2. After I replace the hose, can I just top it off with what it calls for, or do I need to drain the system since I have no idea which oil it actually has in it? It could've been changed over its life, or it could be original, no idea. 3. Does it really make much difference to mix similar spec oils, or is this just a tactic to get you to buy more fluid from Deere? I can provide PIN if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I did some searching, and found this in the manual. So I'm assuming I can just use the Plus-50 or equivalent oil, and mixing won't be as much of an issue? If that is true, it would simplify things for sure.
The factory fill for that machine was 10W-30 engine oil. You can either use that or you can use Hydrau. I would recommend Hydrau (not Hydrau XR for the backhoe) since it is designed for that hydraulic system. It is backwards compatible with 10W-30 and can be mixed.
Thank you. This is exactly the information I was needing.