So i went out to start the excavator today, been sitting for 2 weeks, and nothing, batteries are good, just clicks, power isn't getting to the starter solenoid. If I jump the starter it turns over fine but not getting fuel. Any ideas?
Does it use an electric solenoid to shut off? If the batteries are good and you had a starter issue makes me think it's an electrical issue. Check grounds and for damaged wiring or corrosion on plugs.
It looks like jd had a bunch of different injection pumps on that mdl machine.. BUT.. it looks like they all have an electric shut off.. (turns off with the key switch..) U must get power to the injection pump.. It probably has an electric supply pump to feed the injection pump too.. If u remove the cables and clean the contacts until they shine, will probably be a good start.. If your handy with a volt meter, u can perform a voltage drop test to see if ur getting the proper voltage to the starter..
I am not getting any voltage to the solenoid trigger wire, I have 25.5 to the supply wire. It won't crank with the key, I only hear a relay clicking behind the seat somewhere, can't find it yet. The lift pump does turn on with the key however and it does not seem to be the ignition lock out on the hydraulic safety engagement
Yes it is electric shutoff. Only the lift pump turns on with the key, won't crank. If I jump the starter it turns over but won't start
It sounds like there is an electric solenoid on the injection pump that needs power in addition to the fuel pump.
I agree. I am thinking there is a relay somewhere that provides power to the pump and possibly momentary power to the starter to crank? Doesn't seem like that would all be from the same relay though?
If I knew WHAT inj system is on it, I might be able to help..
I just found the issue, a corroded wire on the safety relay
Good deal..
Thank you for helping
That's what the forum is for.
Don’t overlook the rest of the wires.. where there’s 1, there’s more..