I recently inherited a 1969 Mitsubishi hydraulic excavator trackhoe. It's been stuck in the woods for years now and it's not in too bad of condition. Trying to figure out all my options before cutting it up and bringing it to the scrap yard. Can someone tell me the wisest way to handle this? My plan is to cut it in pieces with an oxygen torch. Picture looks worse than it is, stuck wise.
Good day & welcome Is the engine dead? I guess it would be worth more as used parts market. Kind regards Uffex
I'm not sure..
What even is this..?
Welcome aboard! Fairly certain that is not a 1969 machine. It looks like a Mitsubishi engine. Those machines were very hard to kill.if the engine isn’t stuck, I wouldn’t be surprised if you got batteries to it, fresh fuel, topped off the engine oil it would probably fire off. Even if you had to jump the starter. It probably is worth more in parts than scrap by the time you figure in your time to cut it up and haul it away.