Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2011 S650 Bobcat Skid steer Quick Tach Not working properly.

Equipall ยท 2017-01-06 13:43

I have a 2011 S650 Bobcat skidsteer. I broke a fitting on the quick tach and ended up having to replace the hose all the way from the back of the machine through the arm and to the front quick tach. Anyways after doing that I continued pushing snow for about a day, and when I wanted to park it I noticed that I couldn't detach that bucket. I parked unit inside thinking it might be frozen, but still didn't work the next day. Figured out that by bottoming out the hydraulics and pushing the detach button it worked great. With bottoming out I mean tilting back and holding it in that position while pushing the detach button. I can lock the quick tach without bottoming out the hydraulics but not detaching. Any ideas what that might cause this. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1crewchief8882017-01-06 17:16

    rusted wedges :drinkup

  2. #2bobcat12017-01-06 17:23

    Cleanout around the wedges and grease the heck of them. :thumbsup

  3. #3crewchief8882017-01-07 08:22

    soak the wedge area with PB blaster, (or your favorite penetrating oil), remove the cylinder, and manually move the handles until everything is free :drinkup

  4. #4Equipall2017-01-08 17:49

    Cleaned Wedges Took off the cylinder and can move the locking wedges with 1 finger. I have been greasing them really well. It seems to be a pressure issue with some relieve valve. Not sure how it works and why the the quick tach works great with bottoming the hydraulices. Thanks for the replies.

  5. #5crewchief8882017-01-09 18:44

    the power bobtach valve mounts to the back of the hyd pump. and has it's own relief valve in the block. (1200psi or so) when you activate another function the oil thats flowing bypasses the lower pressure relief and starts working on the higher pressure reliefs in the control valve. when enough pressure builds the cylinder starts to move. something else just occurred to me.... check the rod on the PBT cyl and see if it's bent. bent rod will act the same way...