Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2011 Volvo ec210c Hydraulic failure code

PineTreeAssassin · 2021-08-25 11:35

My 2011 Volvo 210c excavator is throwing a hydraulic failure code - PWM9101-05. Causes machine to track unevenly and very low power. Was told this could be a voltage issue. Any help or insight is appreciated. Have checked all battery connections, cleaned, and tighten back up. Batteries are less than a year old.

Replies20
  1. #1BigWrench552021-08-25 14:24

    Here you go.

  2. #2funwithfuel2021-08-25 15:26

    I'm thinking something is unplugged, or a broken wire. It's uncommon to just fail open. Not impossible, just uncommon.

  3. #3PineTreeAssassin2021-08-25 16:00

    Thanks buddy!

  4. #4PineTreeAssassin2021-08-25 16:02

    Gonna look over everything again one more time just to be sure. Could it possibly be the PWM Valve sticking ?

  5. #5funwithfuel2021-08-25 16:24

    Physically sticking won't generate a short or open error code.

  6. #6funwithfuel2021-08-25 16:25

    Corrosion could, check all connections.

  7. #7PineTreeAssassin2021-08-25 17:04

    So went back and pulled on wiring harness inside battery compartment. Strangely enough it never threw the code and ran fine for 30 mins.. If throws it again in the morning will try to isolate the problem area better for you guys in that harness area

  8. #8PineTreeAssassin2021-08-25 17:05

    Thanks again for the quick responses. Battery connections and ground are clean. Looking like a problem in harness area

  9. #9funwithfuel2021-08-25 17:46

    In the fuse box immediately behind the cab, there are several harness connectors. You're looking for conn 1 pin7 should be green wire. Check that it's ok and no corrosion growing out of it. That should go to emergency pump control switch. On the left armrest, where your elbow sets, there is a cover, remove the plastic cover. Inside there are 2 possibly 3 switches. One is for VECU bypass, all the pump control feeds go through it. It is sw9103. If that has any corrosion inside or in connector that will cause an aggravating intermittent fault. Beyond that your looking for conn CNEN2 pretty simple, CN connector, EN engine 2 find the connectors typically at LR corner ahead of counterweight. Good luck, happy hunting.

  10. #10PineTreeAssassin2021-08-26 06:33

    Can’t thank you guys enough for all the help. Headed out to the job this morning and see what happens. Really appreciate y’all sharing your wealth of knowledge with me. Will update y’all ASAP. Thanks

  11. #11PineTreeAssassin2021-08-26 13:56

    No codes since yesterday. Not going to stir up a hornets nest. But definitely plan to check pin connections once we get done with this job. Thanks again for the quick responses fellow.

  12. #12PineTreeAssassin2022-07-29 08:54

    After a solid year of running since the code first showed itself. It’s back again. Unfortunately this time it’s here to stay until we can find it. Oddly enough, the machine will run fine after about noon. Almost like it’s expanding some from the heat or something. Have not pulled back the wiring harness completely. Definitely not looking forward to this. Volvo doesn’t have a new harness in the untied states currently either

  13. #13dhutch2022-12-23 19:10

    I'm having the same issue on a EC210CL I just purchased. Were you ever able to find out what was throwing the code? I just started messing with mine. Thanks for any info.

  14. #14killer2024-08-26 12:33

    Tengo el mismo problema con una ec210cl 2007 alguien lo pudo solucionar? Revise cableado aparentemente todo bien

  15. #15funwithfuel2024-08-26 12:41

    Gotta translate to English for help.

  16. #16Vetech632024-08-26 15:32

    I need Babel

  17. #17PineTreeAssassin2024-08-26 16:34

    This is what my translator showed on iPhone… “I have the same problem with a 2007 ec210cl, could anyone solve it? Check wiring, apparently everything is fine”.

  18. #18PineTreeAssassin2024-08-26 16:38

    I never could find out exactly what was wrong with mine. At the time my ac was out for a good while, I feel like the sweat and moisture from door being open was seeping down under the left arm rest and causing corrosion by the wiring connections. It’s the weirdest problem I’ve had on a machine. Wish I could help you out more. I could leave my door open in the sun for a while then come back and code would not show up until the next morning

  19. #19PineTreeAssassin2024-08-26 16:41

    I did notice, if I flipped it from back and forth from auto to manual on the toggle switch it would clear and allow you to resume operation. Hope this helps

  20. #20killer2024-08-28 11:30

    Gracias por el momento estoy reparando falla de inyectores, y después seguiré con esa falla una ves que prenda la máquina espero encontrar algún cable dañado