Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2012 750k VCU DTC code help.

cgrisso ยท 2026-03-22 17:39

I've got a 750k dozer (Serial 1T0750KXCCE222024) with 2 VCU codes: 581.0 and 581.7. I cannot find a code list anywhere. Do these codes point to a specific sensor or circuit? Or do I need to just start continuity checking every wire on this machine? Will drive at "minimum" speed, like in limp mode. Any guidance appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612026-03-22 18:18

    Welcome to HEF cgrisso ! 581.00 - Speed control buttons input Transmission speed control switch (B34) voltage out of range high for maximum calibration value. 581.07 - Speed buttons stuck Transmission speed control switch (B34) has stuck button (signal voltage indicates button pressed at start-up).

  2. #2cgrisso2026-03-22 18:30

    Thanks! I'll start there.

  3. #3cgrisso2026-03-22 21:18

    Speed decrease button showed constant 81 ohms. Ordered a new switch after reading what redmack had done for a similar issue.