Hello all, I got a 72" diamond mower for my excavator. It's a cat 2012 314d LCR. I normally run a thumb and it works fine. I plumbed the mower, turned the thumb valves off and the mower valves on. I switched the work tool in the control panel from thumb to "cutter". I tried all the buttons and none of them do anything on the mower. Cannot get it to even try to start. I am pretty sure my hydraulics are "system 20", but I don't have any foot pedals. Just joystick controls. Is there a manual valve to switch from one way to two way flow? I saw this on a few YouTube videos. Am I missing something here? How do I get this thing to work?
I've not run a D series since they were new, but I believe one way flow is set somewhere in the monitor.
I'm now wondering if it's because I changed the work tool with the machine running and just needed to restart it... Or if I need to change the control from the rocker to a button...
D series has options through the monitor to configure work tools. Flow, pressure, relief and more. If you have the appropriately installed plumbing and valving, it may just need to be configured through the monitor or with ET if available. I would suggest either purchasing the service manual and understanding the process or having a tech set it up. Just having a selection for a “cutter” dose not necessarily mean it has been configured properly.