Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar sv15 safety lockout solenoid

cjmc · 2025-04-26 17:59

Hi all Have been having trouble with my yanmar sv15 mini digger. Basically it started out with the following, after starting the machine it runs and works fine for 15-30 minutes no problem, then once I raise the safety lever to get out of the cab, and go back in again and push down the lever, I have no hydraulic functions, if I leave the machine off for a few minutes it works away fine for another while until I again have to raise the safety lever. It is a solenoid valve that controls the safety valve. Eventually last week the coil in the solenoid burnt out. Managed to source an aftermarket replacement coil, which got the machine moving again, but it still has the original problem. I removed the cartridge valve that the coil attaches to from the block and I can see after a few minutes of the coil being powered up the whole valve gets very hot and the plunger stops moving in and out. I guess when it heats up the plunger is sticking from wear and tear and I need a replacement cartridge valve. Problem is yanmar only sell the complete unit and it is about 900 euro. The hydraulic are all Bosch rexroth so I’m hoping that I may be able to get a cartridge valve from them. Anyone know can these cartridge valves be bought separately on any other makes of excavator? Thanks

Replies0

No replies yet.