Hello all, I just finished installing and plumbing a thumb on my 314dlcr. Cycled the cylinder a good 10-15 times and it moves to retract position very slowly and when I let go of the thumb switch it falls from gravity within 2-3 seconds. I retracted it and had my dad close the valve right at the thumb and it stays retracted... any thoughts? Also wondering if anyone can share their tool settings for reference. Just want to compare to see if mine are even close. Attached mine in an image.
IIRC, some of the work tool selections that are one way flow from factory do not respond to selecting two way in the programming. Can you try another tool selection?
I'm reluctant to try another tool program because I don't know what the settings do. Hate to blow out my brand new thumb. Here is a video. I'm thinking the retract valve it messed up. Maybe needs a rebuild? I can say that if I hold the thumb retracted and shut the ball valve on the retract side manually it stay put solid retracted and no longer falls... https://youtube.com/shorts/0LsgZUy_41o?feature=share
Good day Many machines have a display selection for one way or two way operation (one way being hammer for example). If you have the operators manual it should give that information. Kind regards Uffex
Obviously, the poster has "two-way" selected. I just don't believe that the computer will let it enable on that setting. As for blowing out the thumb, try a tool selection that had two-way enabled from the factory, just don't stall it on relief. You won't "blow it out" if you just cycle it. Mind you, this is just for testing purposes. If it still drifts, something else is wrong. If it doesn't, you'll need to program the thumb into a different tool number.
Hmm I have combined system 23 hydraulics. The tool which I am using is called "thumb1p" which seems logical. I'll maybe try to configure tool #6 which I assume is wide open....
New tool program on tool #6 and I still have exact same problem.
Have you tried testing the pressure on both lines. Looks to me like the port relief pressure is set too low on the retract line
I think I found the issue. I actually have system 20 not 23. Very similar, but not the same. One of the variable relief valves mounted on the boom seems to be acting up. Swapped them and the issue changed to the extend. I took the "bad" one apart, no obvious signs of a problem. 24v moved the solenoid, orings, seal rings and surfaces all looked fine. Replaced the orings I had around, reassembled and the extend still doesn't act correct. Cat sells a new solenoid valve 335-0158 for $370. I think I'll just buy that and be done with this thumb finally. I'll update once it is good to go!
Good day If you can give a photo of the valve in question, it may be possible to help some. Kind regards Uffex
Well the valve replacement worked. Sorry I didn't get a pic of it out of the machine. It was a 100l/min variable relief valve. All of the help here is much appreciated