Hello, I was wondering if any could please help me out. I have a 2012 John Deere 310J that once it gets to operating temp. and we engage the parking brake it will not release. We have changed out the sensor on top of the rear diff and the parking brake switch and we continue to have the same problem. Does anyone have an idea of what else might be wrong with this tractor.
Welcome to HEF Robert. Check your transmission fluid level. Will it disengage with the engine revved up?
Not 100% sure, I will check it out and get back to you. Thanks
So transmission level is good and we just tried reving the engine and that didn’t work.
Transmission level is good and we tried revving the engine and that didn’t work.
With Deere as with Cat machines, serial numbers are important for correct information. Sounds like the PB solenoid has an issue. Any codes pop up? When unit is warmed up and acting up I would suggest checking the resistance of the PB Solenoid to see if that is your issue. Below is the location and the spec.
Thanks I will check that out this morning, so I am out in a ranch if the solenoid is no good can I change it out with Y10? Just to load it on the trailer?
Here is the SN 1T0310JXTCD217062
Yes you can. Y10 is for the diff lock.
Thank you I will keep you posted! We are on one side of the ranch right now should have some time this afternoon to try it out.
So the solenoid has a reading of 10.8.
My bad the parking brake solenoid was reading 4.5 change it out and it fixed the issue. Thanks for all the help!
Glad to hear it and thanks for the update .